You are looking for something more from your job and career. You love collaboration and teamwork. You dig a balanced life and can wrestle challenges with grace. Your creative energy is looking for an outlet and you’re always thinking about what’s next. You’re bold, full of ideas and want to be part of a team that’s hungry to win. If this sounds like you, we’d like to talk.
Your work will be amplified as it enables other organizations to deliver great results. That is because Forward Space exists to help clients propel their organizations forward and bring to life spaces and environments that are designed precisely for their purpose. For leading organizations, there is only one direction that matters, and it is FORWARD. As the leading authorized Steelcase dealer in the Chicago, IL and Milwaukee, WI markets, Forward Space is a certified Women’s Business Enterprise (WBE) that offers workspace consultation/planning, procurement, delivery, installation, and on-going maintenance to support our clients’ vision and goals. Serving greater Chicagoland and Milwaukee, while also offering national service capabilities, we help our customers to create innovative work environments that inspire people to excel wherever and however they work. We create environments tailored to the way you do business and that support company culture by encouraging collaboration, fostering creativity, promoting productivity, inspiring innovation, and supporting wellbeing. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion across race, gender, age, religion, identity, and experience drives us and our mission forward every day. We strive towards inclusion and that means everyone is comfortable bringing their authentic and best self to work every day.
What You Will Do
Works with the Sales team by participating in all aspects of pre-sales function. Is an integral participant in the customer experience by assisting with the overall direction of the day-to-day operations, problem solving and decision making necessary to make projects successful. As new accounts are identified, the Sales Coordinator assumes a proactive role by utilizing internal resources to serve the customer. Also supports the Sales Teams in post order functions by assuming a proactive role in collaborating with both internal and external resources. Works knowledgeably with clients and other professionals to accomplish successful completion of account/project work.
• Learn and gain expertise needed to further the furniture process
• Assist Sales with product research, pricing and lead time information
• Attend pre-project sales calls as needed
• Create sales quotes and convert sales orders using internal ordering system
• Represent team during major installation projects and provide project management as dictated by the Sales team and team needs
• Develop and/or enhance relationships with existing customers. Provide excellent customer service and timely follow up.
• Provide product solution options and answers to customer questions and issues by researching and taking appropriate action in a timely manner.
• Assist Sales team during the pre-project phase with the preparation and execution of bid research.
• Track all aspects or orders, as relates to vendor ship/arrival dates
• Coordinate receipt, delivery and installation of products and services
• Creates and maintains daily, weekly and monthly status and billing reports
• Communicate delivery status to customers, internal team members and outside installation companies
• Ensure accuracy of paperwork and maintains organized files and status reports
• Attend One Workplace meetings and training sessions; participates in team and other meetings and events to promote team effectiveness and synergy
• Additional responsibilities may vary per business/office need
The Experience You Will Bring:
• Associate Arts degree (A.A.) or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school; or six months to one-year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Requires self-motivation with string interpersonal skills and ability to ask pertinent questions to determine client needs
• High attention to detail and accuracy
• Must be assertive, flexible, and have a strong sense of urgency
• Must be committed to supporting Sales Team goals
• Ability to work independently and prioritize tasks is essential
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to provide excellent customer service and foster both internal and external relationships
• Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office systems with ability to learn internal system
• May occasionally need reliable transportation to travel to client sites
Why You’ll Love Working at Forward Space:
• Competitive compensation
• Career pathing
• Collaborative and supportive culture
• Medical, dental and vision, 401K with company match
• Short- and Long-Term Disability
• PTO ,8 Paid Holidays and 2 Floating Holidays
Enjoy Our Perks, Perks, Perks!
• Summer hours
• Hybrid work schedule
• Free healthy snacks and lunches
• Bring your dog to work (specific locations only)
• Annual employee and family events and impromptu celebrations and team outings
• Quarterly company Town Halls with annual community service event
• Company-funded annual charitable giving
Please send your resume to Cara at firstname.lastname@example.org