Position: NEW BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT (R.A.D. Team)
Reports to: VICE PRESIDENT OF SALES
Basic Function: The R.A.D. Team (Real Estate, Architectural, and Design) New Business Development is responsible for aggressively identifying, tracking, and managing sales opportunities influenced by the Architectural and Design (A & D), Real Estate, and Project Management communities – marketing to customers within firms/areas/territories as assigned by the VP of Sales. The NBD Executive shall aggressively work to position Forward Space Account Executives, Account Managers, and support staff to successfully complete the sale, installation and service of products and services offered by the company thereby generating increased market share and customers for Forward Space.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify, qualify, and build relationships as assigned or directed by the VP of Sales with responsible decision makers at key area Real Estate, A&D, and Project Management firms for the purpose of increasing sales to secure business from immediate and long-range opportunities.
- Develop and implement strategies in concert with other Team members for securing project specific opportunities.
- Add value to the firms by regularly updating them on knowledge, product, and service offerings.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with major product manufactures in order to partner and market their products to the Real Estate, A&D and Project Management customers.
- Understand and promote the sales teams and processes from customer quotation, through order fulfillment to successful receipt of customer invoice payment for products and services delivered.
- Utilize and assist with furthering the Forward Space marketing programs.
- Participate in tracking and maintaining opportunities and lead status. This includes coordinating them with other team members and keeping the Marketing Department up to date, thereby reinforcing the customer resource management (CRM) database/spreadsheets.
- Develop and maintain exemplary knowledge of manufacturers’ products and systems for application and presentation to customers.
- Represent the company in a professional manner to specific industry organizations, market sector, and/or community events.
Qualifications / Skills & Abilities:
- Strong oral, presentation, written & interpersonal skills. Ability to work well as part of a team
- Self-directed; takes initiative; resourceful; good problem solving ability and follow through
- Clear and professional communication skills, including verbal, written and listening skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Works well in a multi-task environment and organization
- Diplomatic, energetic, polished professional appearance
- Goal-oriented and motivated to succeed
- Demonstrates enthusiasm and optimism
- PC Skills: Microsoft Windows including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Publisher
- Bachelor’s degree with emphasis on sales and marketing or equivalent in related area
- Demonstrable knowledge of office furniture and furnishings industry with emphasis on Steelcase brand products a plus
- Minimum of 4 years’ successful industry experience in Design, Lead Generation, Account or Project Management or a transferable business to business complex selling industry preferably linked to design/construction/office environment industry
- Ability to work and routinely travel to customer locations within Chicago and suburban areas with occasional travel to out-of-state meetings/training
- Valid State Driver’s License
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at Forward Space:
Forward Space exists to help you propel your organization forward, bringing to life the spaces and environments that are designed precisely for your purpose. We strive to build a transparent environment where each employee feels empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work. We believe that a diverse group of employees that feel respected and included will be more creative, innovative, and successful.
It is the policy of Forward Space to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information and/or any other protected characteristic under applicable law. Individuals from underrepresented groups are especially encouraged to apply.
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, it is possible that requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate disabled individuals. However, no accommodations will be made by Forward Space which may pose serious health or safety risks to the employee or others, or which impose undue hardships on the organization.