Reports To: Director of Project Management
The Project Manager (PM) is the single point of contact for all aspects of assigned furniture projects, from inception of project to final closeout and invoicing. Plans, coordinates, schedules and oversees all elements of a project, ensuring performance quality, customer satisfaction, and on budget projects. PM is also the primary integrator for the various Forward Space business segments involved in a project.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Project Planning – Coordination – Management:
- Establishes overall project scope and manages dealer/manufacturer team to ensure coordinated effort.
- Develops work plan, schedule and logistics based on overall project parameters, project schedule, scope, budget and customer’s goals.
- Reviews project site plans and product specifications.
- Assists in establishing fees and developing quote for product and services.
- Provides technical consultation to customer and customer’s team.
- Coordinates with Client and 3rd party firms such as A&D, electrical/cabling, building management, etc.
- Maintains detailed project documentation, including key project decisions, customer project requests and revisions.
- Creates and provides timely formal written communications throughout project to customer, dealer and project team.
- Manages accurate and detailed record keeping including order detail, signoffs, schedules, communications, etc.
- Assists in the preparation of the furniture and services quote, the development of the proposal and the presentation to the client.
- Reviews technical services’ plan and specifications for accuracy, completeness, and correct product application.
- Manages the change order process.
- Follows through on all aspects of order entry in accordance with established company procedures, including updates on order management and the addition of small or singular items.
- Tracks order to completion; maintains accurate and standardized order records.
- Interfaces with manufacturers to establish shipping schedules and special instructions.
- Reviews ship dates to ensure project timelines are met.
Installation and Implementation:
- Surveys site to determine site readiness.
- Meets with Lead Foreman to ensure accurate handoff.
- Be on site as crews begin implementation; stays in touch to ensure timelines are being met and plan executed.
- Walks project and develops punch list; is responsible for punch list resolution.
- Manages all final project closeout requirements including lien waivers releases, contract requirements and client signoffs.
- Confirms project completion and ensures all invoicing is timely and accurate.
- Based in Wood Dale, IL / Merchandise Mart, Chicago, IL.
- Focused primarily on Health Care (Minimum 3 year experience) Preferably someone with healthcare experience and could handle Architectural Walls & custom Montage Nurses Stations.
- Focused primarily on Corporate (Minimum 3 year experience) Preferably someone with general PM experience and willing to learn products like Architectural Walls and Pods.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
Diversity, Equity an Inclusion at Forward Space
Forward Space exists to help you propel your organization forward, bringing to life the spaces and environments that are designed precisely for your purpose. We strive to build a transparent environment where each employee feels empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work. We believe that a diverse group of employees that feel respected and included will be more creative, innovative, and successful.
It is the policy of Forward Space to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information and/or any other protected characteristic under applicable law. Individuals from underrepresented groups are especially encouraged to apply.
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, it is possible that requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate disabled individuals. However, no accommodations will be made by Forward Space which may pose serious health or safety risks to the employee or others, or which impose undue hardships on the organization.
Please send your resumes to Michael Rodgers: email@example.com or submit your resume below