Our commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion across race, gender, age, religion, identity, and experience drives us and our mission forward every day. We strive towards inclusion and that means everyone is comfortable bringing their authentic and best self to work every day.
As the leading authorized Steelcase dealer in the Chicago, IL and Milwaukee, WI markets, Forward Space is a certified Women’s Business Enterprise (WBE) that offers workspace consultation/planning, procurement, delivery, installation, and on-going maintenance to support your vision and goals. Serving Chicagoland and Milwaukee, while also offering national service capabilities, we help our customers to create innovative work environments that inspire people to excel wherever and however they work. We create environments tailored to the way you do business and that support company culture by encouraging collaboration, fostering creativity, promoting productivity, inspiring innovation, and supporting wellbeing.
What You Will Do
New Business Development is responsible for aggressively identifying, tracking, and managing sales opportunities influenced by the Architectural and Design (A & D), Real Estate, and Project Management communities – marketing to customers within firms/areas/territories as assigned by the VP of Sales. This role shall aggressively work to position Forward Space Account Executives, Account Managers, and support staff to successfully complete the sale, installation and service of products and services offered by the company thereby generating increased market share and customers for Forward Space.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Identify, qualify, and build relationships as assigned or directed by the VP of Sales with responsible decision makers at key area Real Estate, A&D, and Project Management firms for the purpose of increasing sales to secure business from immediate and long-range opportunities.
- Promote the Forward Space brand and build trust and partnership with the A&D community.
- Add value to the firms by regularly updating them on knowledge, product, and service offerings.
- Provide responsible, thorough support to firms by answering product questions, providing finish samples, and creating high-level budgets as needed.
- Host events, lunch & learns, and learning opportunities with firms to continually provide them value and create opportunities for relationship building.
- Participate in networking opportunities within the industry to expand your network and the Forward Space brand (golf outings, awards events, industry organization meetings, etc.)
- Help develop unique events and ideas to differentiate Forward Space and our team from our competition.
- Develop and implement strategies in concert with other team members for securing project specific opportunities.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with major product manufactures to partner and market their products to our Real Estate, A&D and Project Management customers.
- Understand and promote our team and processes from customer quotation, through order fulfillment to successful receipt of customer invoice payment for products and services delivered.
- Utilize and assist with furthering Forward Space marketing programs.
- Participate in tracking and maintaining opportunities and lead status. This includes coordinating them with other team members and keeping the Marketing Department up to date, thereby reinforcing the customer resource management (CRM) database/spreadsheets.
- Develop and maintain exemplary knowledge of manufacturers’ products and systems for application and presentation to customers.
- Represent the company in a professional manner to specific industry organizations, market sector, and/or community events.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Strong oral, presentation, written & interpersonal skills, and the ability to work well as part of a team.
- Self-directed; takes initiative; resourceful; good problem-solving ability and follow through.
- Clear and professional communication skills, including verbal, written, and listening skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Works well in a multi-task environment and organization.
- Diplomatic, energetic, polished professional appearance.
- Goal-oriented and motivated to succeed.
- Demonstrates enthusiasm and optimism.
- PC Skills: Microsoft Windows including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Publisher
- Minimum of 4 years successful experience in lead generation sales with 2-3 years of industry experience
- Design experience/background with furniture dealership experience considered a plus.
- Real Estate experience/background strongly preferred.
- Ability to work and routinely travel to customer customer/firm locations within Southeastern Wisconsin with occasional travel to out-of-state meetings/training at manufacturer locations.
- Valid State Driver’s License
Why You’ll Love Working for Forward Space
- Summer hours
- Free healthy snacks, breakfasts, and lunches
- Bring your dog to work (Milwaukee and Wood Dale locations)
- Annual employee and family events
- Quarterly company Town Halls with annual community service event
- Celebrations and recognition
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at Forward Space
Forward Space exists to help you propel your organization forward, bringing to life the spaces and environments that are designed precisely for your purpose. We strive to build a transparent environment where each employee feels empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work. We believe that a diverse group of employees that feel respected and included will be more creative, innovative, and successful.
It is the policy of Forward Space to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information and/or any other protected characteristic under applicable law. Individuals from underrepresented groups are especially encouraged to apply.
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, it is possible that requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate disabled individuals. However, no accommodation will be made by Forward Space which may pose serious health or safety risks to the employee or others, or which impose undue hardships on the organization.
Interested? Please send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.