Reports To: Installation Manager
The Installer is responsible for installing, dismantling, or repairing new or used office furniture, systems, equipment, or accessories in customer locations as per floor plans or designs in accordance with manufacturer specifications in a safe, efficient and orderly manner.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
• Unpacks, assembles, disassembles, and installs new or used desks, chairs, file cabinets, storage bins, shelving, work surfaces, fixtures, panels, partitions, office furniture systems, and accessories in customer’s offices as per verbal, or written instructions, with or without formal floor plans, designs, or specifications.
• Ensures that assembled furniture, products or accessories are properly installed and operating correctly and safely in accordance with manufacturer specifications for warranty.
• Ensures that assembly and furniture install area is cleared of debris upon completion of installation. Additionally, ensuring that furniture is clean and presentable for customer usage.
• Thoroughly inspects furniture, promptly reporting damage due to shipping, defects, missing parts, or incorrect parts for repair or replacement. Advise and provide buyer with ancillary parts or components and manufacturer product literature and instructions.
• Complete installation, delivery records advising of time and materials used with notations on additional work performed, repairs or warranty issues for proper credits and application of costs.
• Coordinates furniture installation as necessary with general contractors, other trade personnel including but not limited to flooring, electrical, telephone, cable, or computer installation contractors.
• Perform equipment repairs or make modifications on equipment as instructed.
• Stay abreast of changes and advancements in furniture industry, completing training as required to learn effective methods for installation or maintenance of new products or systems.
• Demonstrable ability to install, repair or dismantle office furniture, systems and equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
• Ability to read and understand verbal and written installation instructions with emphasis on the ability to interpret and apply floor plans, designs, schematics to correctly locate, position and install furniture and systems.
• Knowledge and ability to safely and effectively utilize common hand and/or power tools to install, maintain, and move office furniture, systems and equipment.
• Ability to work well with people, action-oriented, and not intimidated by deadlines, emotional employees, vendors or customers.
• Strong organizational and scheduling skills with analytical and problem-solving skills.
• 2 years’ experience installing and/or repairing office furniture, equipment and systems.
• Ability to travel to Forward Space offices – Customer Locations, for presentations, meetings and trainings.
• Valid Class A state driver’s license
• High School graduate
Diversity, Equity an Inclusion at Forward Space
Forward Space exists to help you propel your organization forward, bringing to life the spaces and environments that are designed precisely for your purpose. We strive to build a transparent environment where each employee feels empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work. We believe that a diverse group of employees that feel respected and included will be more creative, innovative, and successful.
It is the policy of Forward Space to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information and/or any other protected characteristic under applicable law. Individuals from underrepresented groups are especially encouraged to apply.
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, it is possible that requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate disabled individuals. However, no accommodations will be made by Forward Space which may pose serious health or safety risks to the employee or others, or which impose undue hardships on the organization.
Please send your resumes to Cara Pacholski: firstname.lastname@example.org or submit your resume below