You are looking for something more from your job and career. You love collaboration and teamwork. You dig a balanced life and can wrestle challenges with grace. Your creative energy is looking for an outlet and you are always thinking about what is next. You are bold, full of ideas and want to be part of a team that is hungry to win. If this sounds like you, we would like to talk.
Your work will be amplified as it enables other organizations to deliver great results. That is because Forward Space exists to help clients propel their organizations forward and bring to life spaces and environments that are designed precisely for their purpose. For leading organizations, there is only one direction that matters, and it is FORWARD.
As the leading authorized Steelcase dealer in the Chicago, IL and Milwaukee, WI markets, Forward Space is a certified Women’s Business Enterprise (WBE) that offers workspace consultation/planning, procurement, delivery, installation, and on-going maintenance to support our clients’ vision and goals. Serving greater Chicagoland and Milwaukee, while also offering national service capabilities, we help our customers to create innovative work environments that inspire people to excel wherever and however they work. We create environments tailored to the way you do business and that support company culture by encouraging collaboration, fostering creativity, promoting productivity, inspiring innovation, and supporting wellbeing.
Our commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion across race, gender, age, religion, identity, and experience drives us and our mission forward every day. We strive towards inclusion and that means everyone is comfortable bringing their authentic and best self to work every day.
What You Will Do
The Director of Order Fulfillment, reporting to the Chief Operating Officer , is responsible for developing, maintaining, and directing (and engaging and motivating) a qualified professional staff of sales coordinators, with extensive product and technical knowledge that support Forward Space customers, sales executives, and customer experience staff from the time an order is placed until it is successfully delivered, installed, and invoiced.
This is a highly collaborative environment, and you will work closely with these teams daily. This role has team leaders that report directly to them, and each team leader has a group of sales coordinators that report to them, thereby allowing the Director of Order Fulfilment the time to be able to train, work on process improvements and assist with larger projects.
The Director is responsible for ensuring that the objective of each project is accomplished within budget and meet customer requirements and applicable job standards. Additionally, the Director may work as an active Sales Coordinator during periods of heavy workload or on project bids and RFPs.
Primary Focus Areas:
• Maintains high level of knowledge and proficiency in Hedberg Business System to expedite/trouble shoot and train
administrator on efficient usage. With a coming move to a new order and quoting system (H2), comfort with learning
new systems and working to become proficient and be the “expert” to train others is key.
• Establishes and maintains Order Fulfillment processing standards
• Lead Special Projects related to new initiatives, continuous improvement, error reduction, technology
implementation or crisis management.
• Participate on the team that will work on the system conversion (H2 and ERP) in the next 18-24 months.
• Manages Team Leaders in support of their goals to balance workload, provide training/coaching to staff and
establish interaction with sales teams to maintain highest quality of service to clients and engagement of team
members/Sales Coordinator Associates
Additional Skills and Attributes:
• Outstanding communication and presentation skills, organization, and customer (internal and external) support orientation
• Excellent leadership skills, combining a low-ego approach, competitive spirit, and ability to motivate and empower others
• A team leader that possesses solid communication skills, including verbal, written, presentation and listening skills with demonstrated critical thinking and problem-solving skills
• Detail and process oriented, innovative, creative, proactive, and flexible; can multi-task
• Flexibility to travel between Forward Space locations
The Experience You Will Bring
• B.A./B.S. degree
• 3-5 years’ experience working at a commercial furniture manufacturer or furniture dealer
• 3-5 years’ experience coordinating multiple stakeholders to a successful outcome, preferably in a fulfillment or furniture
• Experience in managing, developing, training, and reviewing individual employees thereby developing a qualified cadre of Sales Coordinators as a coordinated – supportive team
• Has a strong knowledge of all aspects of furniture management, including order preparation and management, installation, and furniture project administration
• Hedberg 2.0 software experience preferred
• PC skills – Advanced level with MS Office Suite
Why You will Love Working for Forward Space
• Competitive compensation and 401(k) match
• Career pathing
• Collaborative and supportive culture
• Medical, dental, vision and short- and long-Term Disability
• PTO and Paid Holidays
Enjoy our Perks, Perks, Perks!
• Hybrid work schedule and summer hours
• Free healthy snacks and lunches
• Bring your dog to work
• Annual employee and family events; impromptu celebrations and team outings
• Quarterly company Town Halls with annual community service event
• Company-funded annual charitable giving
Please send resume to Cara Pacholski, email@example.com