Position: Boat Captain
Reports To: CEO + Milwaukee Leader
Location: Milwaukee, Wisconsin (Harbor District) + (potential to be asked to bring boat to Chicago for temporary visits)
The primary responsibility is the safe operation, maintenance and navigation of a 41’ Hatteras vintage powerboat from 1960. The captain will exhibit expert seamanship, maintaining compliance with local, state, and federal regulations that apply to small passenger boats, while providing a professional, friendly, and engaging experience for both clients and employees.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- The safe navigation and operation of the boat
- Being an ambassador for the boat, hosting and entertaining employees and guests as required (with an owner and/or business representative also hosting)/
- Maintain clean boat (interior/exterior).
- Maintain (create) binder/documentation related to all aspects of operations (who to call, maintenance, tips and tricks, quest books, operation of equipment, local waterway notes for operations, waivers for quests, etc.)
- Establish, maintain and document protocols for Forward Space Staff and Guests: Waivers, use, safety.
- Overseeing the upkeep of the vessel: Document issues needing to be addressed and gain quotes as appropriate plus schedule shipyard for repair times.
- Define any needed safety or provision equipment and obtain it with owner’s budget approval (furniture, accessories, glassware, equipment, safety)
- Self-directed; takes initiative; resourceful; hospitable; good problem-solving ability and follow-through
- Clear and professional communications skills, including verbal, written, and listening skills.
- Experience driving a similar size boat with similar equipment.
- Takes safety seriously
- Good professional presence, service attitude and impression when hosting quest or working with Forward Space employees.
- Boaters license
Additional Requirements + Info:
- Boat captain license appropriate for 41′ powerboat preferred.
- Background check, references and recommendations required.
- Hours: Full-time employment – would like to be able to flex hours to accommodate client entertaining. That means often need lunch, cocktail and dinner hours covered and some weekends.
- Dates would be Mid-June through Mid-September (Potentially extend through early October to get boat put away) 2021
- Access to use office/showroom for shower and laundry + Wi-Fi
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at Forward Space:
Forward Space exists to help you propel your organization forward, bringing to life the spaces and environments that are designed precisely for your purpose. We strive to build a transparent environment where each employee feels empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work. We believe that a diverse group of employees that feel respected and included will be more creative, innovative, and successful.
It is the policy of Forward Space to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information and/or any other protected characteristic under applicable law. Individuals from underrepresented groups are especially encouraged to apply.
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, it is possible that requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate disabled individuals. However, no accommodations will be made by Forward Space which may pose serious health or safety risks to the employee or others, or which impose undue hardships on the organization.