Are you looking for something more from your job? You are scrappy and collaborative. You dig balanced life and can wrestle challenges with grace. You love big, interesting problems and bringing solutions while making sure it feels personal, authentic, and connected. If this sounds like you, we’d like to talk.
Our commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion across race, gender, age, religion, identity, and experience drives us and our mission forward every day. We strive towards inclusion and that means everyone is comfortable bringing their authentic and best self to work every day. As the leading authorized Steelcase dealer in the Chicago, IL and Milwaukee, WI markets, Forward Space is a certified Women’s Business Enterprise (WBE) that offers workspace consultation/planning, procurement, delivery, installation and on-going maintenance to support your vision and goals. Serving Chicagoland and Milwaukee, while also offering national service capabilities, we help our customers to create innovative work environments that inspire people to excel wherever and however they work. We create environments tailored to the way you do business and that support company culture by encouraging collaboration, fostering creativity, promoting productivity, inspiring innovation, and supporting wellbeing.
What You Will Do
The Ancillary Manager, reporting to the Director of Design, will lead a team of multidiscipline specialists focused on ancillary products, develop vendor partnerships, track metrics and trends, and promote teams services within and outside of Forward Space.
- Lead, manage, and holding team accountable to the customer experience and the company’s core values. This team will be comprised of design, marketing, procurement, and analytical roles.
- Manage team assignments to ensure workload activities are appropriately balanced and supported • Builds relationships with vendors
- Promote key vendors by positioning particular lines, or flipping specs
- Maintain a specified percentage of Steelcase/Partner share of wallet
- Tracks data and trends to support strategy in selection of vendors and products
- Markets team services to clients and participates in sales presentations
- Reviews RFP and Bid specifications
- Prepares/reviews project proposals for accuracy and alignment with brand; reviews pricing done by others.
- Coordinates interaction between ancillary team and sales teams to establish and maintain highest quality of service to clients
- Will present and lead in client tours and design interactions
- Will take on projects as needed to help meet deadlines or manage a high-profile opportunity.
- Meet with company sales representative and clients to gather project requirements, establish project timeline, and develop project budget
- Develop expert creative proposals that fulfill client requirements
- Generate accurate furniture specifications
- Participate as an organization leader related to projects, Steelcase and industry professional groups
- Attend industry events for networking and advertisement of services
The Experience You Will Bring
• Interior Design or Business degree
• Ability to lead and manage people
• Excellent professional verbal and written communication skills.
• High level of organization.
• Must be detail-oriented and able to manage multiple priorities and tight deadlines.
• Demonstrated critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
• Advanced aptitude for numbers.
• Microsoft Excel skill with ability to create, manipulate and interpret spreadsheets without error.
• Microsoft Power Point and Adobe sills to crate and manipulate presentations
• Flexibility to travel between Forward Space locations.
• Minimum of a bachelor’s degree
Why You’ll Love Working for Forward Space
• Competitive compensation
• Career pathing
• Collaborative and supportive culture
• Medical, dental and vision
• Short- and Long-Term Disability
• PTO and Paid Holidays
• 401K match
Enjoy our Perks, Perks, Perks!
• Summer hours
• Hybrid work schedule
• Free healthy snacks and lunches
• Bring your dog to work
• Annual employee and family events
• Quarterly company Town Halls with annual community service event
• Celebrations and recognition
Please send your resumes to Cara Pacholski: firstname.lastname@example.org or submit your resume below