You are looking for something more from your job and career. You are scrappy and collaborative. You dig
balanced life and can wrestle challenges with grace. You love big, interesting problems and bringing solutions
while making sure it feels personal, authentic, and connected. If this sounds like you, we’d like to talk.
Our commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion across race, gender, age, religion, identity, and experience drives us and our mission forward every day. We strive towards inclusion and that means everyone is comfortable bringing their authentic and best self to work every day.
As the leading authorized Steelcase dealer in the Chicago, IL and Milwaukee, WI markets, Forward Space is a certified Women’s Business Enterprise (WBE) that offers workspace consultation/planning, procurement, delivery, installation and on-going maintenance to support your vision and goals. Serving Chicagoland and Milwaukee, while also offering national service capabilities, we help our customers to create innovative work environments that inspire people to excel wherever and however they work. We create environments tailored to the way you do business and that support company culture by encouraging collaboration, fostering creativity, promoting productivity, inspiring innovation, and supporting wellbeing.
What You Will Do
The Account Manager, reporting to the Vice President (VP) of Sales, will assist the VP of Sales or Account
Executive(s) in all aspects of supporting the account to either increase or secure additional business. The Account Manager may also represent the VP of Sales or Account Executive(s) and Forward Space at various project meetings, client meetings, and other customer meetings with the goal of enhancing Forward Space’s position as a primary vendor to the account and/or accounts.
• Conduct sales calls with or without VP of Sales or Account Executive(s) as needed.
• Active in executing strategies through Bids, RFP’s, Mockups, thought starters and workplace knowledge
to drive incremental business.
• Serve as primary point of contact and communication with the customer on designated projects (AE and
PM may be assigned instead for some projects/work).
• Help to establish, develop and maintain the desired levels of customer satisfaction for each
account. Monitor and measure Forward Space’s performance for quarterly reporting.
• Publish status reports for review by the sales team and customer. Participate in regular team meetings
and update all parties on the status of projects and activities.
• Identify and enlist resources necessary to effectively service the customer utilizing Design, Project
Management, and Sales Coordinator assistance and services as applicable.
• Coordinate the production of installation drawings with the Designer/Architect and customer to ensure
functionality of product as well as accuracy of specifications.
• Coordinate requests for delivery, service and installation with Operations personnel or outside
• Attend and take notes for all project meetings.
• Perform site visits as necessary.
• Know, understand and appropriately apply the content of all contract agreements between the client and
• Utilize all order management reports to track orders with Sales Coordinator (and assigned PM if that
size and complexity).
• Ensure that all punch-list items have been resolved and orders closed out for invoicing in a timely
fashion (PM and Sales Coordinators can support).
• Maintain accurate and standardized order records
The Experience You Will Bring
• Bachelor’s degree
• 2-3 years of industry experience required; 4-6 years of industry experience preferred.
• Strong customer service, presentation, and organizational skills
• The ability to problem solve and to work in a team environment
• Strong attention to detail with excellent follow-through
• Solid computer skills: Word, Excel, Hedberg
• Ability to travel to other Forward Space offices, customer, and manufacturer locations including out-ofstate travel for presentations, installations, meetings, and training
• Valid State Driver’s License
Why You’ll Love Working for Forward Space
• Competitive compensation
• Career pathing
• Collaborative and supportive culture
• Medical, dental and vision
• Short- and Long-Term Disability
• PTO and Paid Holidays
• 401K match
Enjoy our Perks, Perks, Perks!
• Summer hours
• Hybrid work schedule
• Free healthy snacks and lunches
• Bring your dog to work
• Annual employee and family events
• Quarterly company Town Halls with annual community service event
• Celebrations and recognition
Diversity, Equity an Inclusion at Forward Space
Forward Space exists to help you propel your organization forward, bringing to life the spaces and environments that are designed precisely for your purpose. We strive to build a transparent environment where each
employee feels empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work. We believe that a diverse group of
employees that feel respected and included will be more creative, innovative, and successful.
It is the policy of Forward Space to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information and/or any other protected characteristic under applicable law. Individuals from underrepresented groups are especially encouraged to apply.
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, it is possible that requirements may be modified to
reasonably accommodate disabled individuals. However, no accommodations will be made by Forward Space which may pose serious health or safety risks to the employee or others, or which impose undue hardships on the organization.
Please send resumes to Cara Pacholski, email@example.com