Position: ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE
Reports To: VICE PRESIDENT OF SALES
Location: CHICAGOLAND AREA
Purpose: Primary responsibility is to develop new accounts consistent with Forward Space corporate objectives. Responsible for managing existing accounts by using creative, pro-active strategies to understand customer’s expectations, develop standards of performance, measure results, and strive for continuous improvement.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify, develop and generate new business sales opportunities with new accounts and maintain and grow existing accounts
- Responsible for penetrating accounts using creative, pro-active strategies, developing goals and creating client partnerships
- Provide account strategies and direction to project team members and to account managers and/or coordinators working on continuing business, including problem resolution
- Identify business opportunities and secure revenue opportunities for new products and services
- Make regular calls on assigned customers within established accounts to assure long-term customer satisfaction
- Develop and maintain working knowledge of company offered product lines including but not limited to: furniture, technology, flooring and architectural solutions along with associated services. Ability to recommend appropriate solutions/applications to meet customer needs
- Attend all required meetings including training to improve sales techniques/skills and stay abreast of industry and product changes and advancements
- Work with other departments and support the Order Management System from initial quote through invoicing and payment
- Represent the company in a professional manner to specific industry organizations, market sector, and/or community events
Qualifications/Skills & Abilities:
- Strong oral, presentation, written & interpersonal skill and the ability to develop relationships
- Self-directed; takes initiative; resourceful; good problem solving ability and follow through
- Clear and professional communication skills, including verbal, written, and listening skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Works well in a multi-task, team environment and organization
- Demonstrates enthusiasm and optimism
- Highly motivated, goal oriented individual
- Strong business development skills
- Bachelor’s degree with emphasis on sales and marketing or equivalent in related area
- Demonstrable knowledge of office furniture and furnishings industry with emphasis on Steelcase brand products a plus
- Minimum of 4 years’ successful industry experience in Design, Lead Generation, Account or Project Management or a transferable business to business complex selling industry preferably linked to design/construction/office environment industry
- Ability to work and routinely travel to customer locations within Chicago and suburban areas with occasional travel to out-of-state meetings/training
- Valid State Driver’s License
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at Forward Space:
Forward Space exists to help you propel your organization forward, bringing to life the spaces and environments that are designed precisely for your purpose. We strive to build a transparent environment where each employee feels empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work. We believe that a diverse group of employees that feel respected and included will be more creative, innovative, and successful.
It is the policy of Forward Space to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information and/or any other protected characteristic under applicable law. Individuals from underrepresented groups are especially encouraged to apply.
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, it is possible that requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate disabled individuals. However, no accommodations will be made by Forward Space which may pose serious health or safety risks to the employee or others, or which impose undue hardships on the organization.