You are looking for something more from your job and career. You love collaboration and teamwork. You dig a balanced life and can wrestle challenges with grace. Your creative energy is looking for an outlet and you are always thinking about what is next. You are bold, full of ideas and want to be part of a team that is hungry to win. If this sounds like you, we would like to talk.
Your work will be amplified as it enables other organizations to deliver great results. That is because Forward Space exists to help clients propel their organizations forward and bring to life spaces and environments that are designed precisely for their purpose. For leading organizations, there is only one direction that matters, and it is FORWARD.
As the leading authorized Steelcase dealer in the Chicago, IL and Milwaukee, WI markets, Forward Space is a certified Women’s Business Enterprise (WBE) that offers workspace consultation/planning, procurement, delivery, installation, and on-going maintenance to support our clients’ vision and goals. Serving greater Chicagoland and Milwaukee, while also offering national service capabilities, we help our customers to create innovative work environments that inspire people to excel wherever and however they work. We create environments tailored to the way you do business and that support company culture by encouraging collaboration, fostering creativity, promoting productivity, inspiring innovation, and supporting wellbeing.
Our commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion across race, gender, age, religion, identity, and experience drives us and our mission forward every day. We strive towards inclusion and that means everyone is comfortable bringing their authentic and best self to work every day.
What You Will Do
The Account Executive, reporting to the Vice President of Sales, is responsible for developing new accounts consistent with Forward Space corporate objectives. Responsible for managing existing accounts by using creative, pro-active strategies to understand customer’s expectations, develop standards of performance, measure results, and strive for continuous improvement.
Primary Focus Areas:
• Identify, develop, and generate new business sales opportunities with new accounts and maintain and grow existing accounts.
• Responsible for penetrating accounts using creative, pro-active strategies, developing goals, and creating client partnerships.
• Provide account strategies and direction to project team members and to account managers and/or coordinators working on continuing business, including problem resolution.
• Identify business opportunities and secure revenue opportunities for new products and services.
• Make regular calls on assigned customers within established accounts to assure long-term customer satisfaction.
• Develop and maintain working knowledge of company offered product lines including but not limited to furniture, technology, flooring, and architectural solutions along with associated services. Ability to recommend appropriate solutions/applications to meet customer needs.
• Attend all required meetings including training to improve sales techniques/skills and stay abreast of industry and product changes and advancements.
• Work with other departments and support the Order Management System from initial quote through invoicing and payment.
• Represent the company in a professional manner to specific industry organizations, market sector, and/or community events.
Additional Skills and Attributes:
• Strong oral, presentation, written & interpersonal skill, and the ability to develop relationships
• Self-directed; takes initiative; resourceful; good problem-solving ability and follow through
• Clear and professional communication skills, including verbal, written, and listening skills
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Works well in a multi-task, team environment and organization
• Demonstrates enthusiasm and optimism
• Highly motivated, goal-oriented individual
• Strong business development skills
The Experience You Will Bring:
• Demonstrable knowledge of office furniture and furnishings industry with emphasis on Steelcase brand products a plus
• Minimum of 4 years’ successful industry experience in Design, Lead Generation, Account or Project Management or a transferable business to business complex selling industry preferably linked to design/construction/office environment industry
• Bachelor’s degree with emphasis on sales and marketing or equivalent in related area
Why You Will Love Working at Forward Space
• Competitive compensation and 401(k) match
• Career pathing
• Collaborative and supportive culture
• Medical, dental, vision and short- and long-Term Disability
• PTO and Paid Holidays
Enjoy Our Perks, Perks, Perks!
• Hybrid work schedule and summer hours
• Free healthy snacks and lunches
• Bring your dog to work
• Annual employee and family events; impromptu celebrations and team outings
• Quarterly company Town Halls with annual community service event
• Company-funded annual charitable giving
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, it is possible that requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate disabled individuals. However, no accommodation will be made by Forward Space which may pose serious health or safety risks to the employee or others, or which impose undue hardships on the organization.
Interested? Please reach out and send your resume to at : firstname.lastname@example.org.