Position: NEW BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT EXECUTIVE
Reports to: VICE PRESIDENT OF SALES AND SOLUTIONS
Basic Function: The New Business Development Executive is responsible for aggressively identifying, tracking, and managing sales opportunities influenced by the Architectural and Design (A & D), Real Estate, and Project Management communities – marketing to customers within firms/areas/territories as assigned by the VP of Sales. The NBD Executive shall aggressively work to position Forward Space Account Executives, Account Managers, and support staff to successfully complete the sale, installation and service of products and services offered by the company thereby generating increased market share and customers for Forward Space.
- Identify, qualify, and build relationships as assigned or directed by the V P of Sales with responsible decision makers at key area Real Estate, A&D, and Project Management firms for the purpose of increasing sales to secure business from immediate and long-range opportunities.
- Develop and implement strategies in concert with other Team members for securing project specific opportunities.
- Add value to the firms by regularly updating them on knowledge, product, and service offerings.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with major product manufactures in order to partner and market their products to the Real Estate, A&D and Project Management customers.
- Understand and promote the sales teams and processes from customer quotation, through order fulfillment to successful receipt of customer invoice payment for products and services delivered.
- Utilize and assist with furthering the Forward Space marketing programs.
- Participate in tracking and maintaining opportunities and lead status. This includes coordinating them with other team members and keeping the Marketing Department up to date, thereby reinforcing the customer resource management (CRM) database/spreadsheets.
- Develop and maintain exemplary knowledge of manufacturers’ products and systems for application and presentation to customers.
- Represent the company in a professional manner to specific industry organizations, market sector, and/or community events.
Qualifications / Skills & Abilities:
- Strong oral, presentation, written & interpersonal skills. Ability to work well as part of a team
- Self-directed; takes initiative; resourceful; good problem solving ability and follow through
- Clear and professional communication skills, including verbal, written and listening skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Works well in a multi-task environment and organization
- Diplomatic, energetic, polished professional appearance
- Goal-oriented and motivated to succeed
- Demonstrates enthusiasm and optimism
- PC Skills: Microsoft Windows including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Publisher
Interested applicant should contact Mary Ann Smith email@example.com or 312-563-5257